Friday 14 March 2014

Qualia...

Qualia is an unfamiliar term for something that’s actually very familiar to all of us
Qualia is the way things seem to us
The experience of happiness
The redness of an apple
The taste of wine
The touch of a loved one
Qualia is a word for how we experience everything around us..
When I got there after hours of wondering
I just ran my hands through my hair and said to myself, It’s beautiful up here!
When you see something like what I saw
It’s like watching a giant ensemble do its thing
Only they don’t know they’re being watched
It wasn’t contrived like a performer going on stage at a certain time
It wasn’t like the creation of a masterpiece from a blueprint
It wasn’t like anything anyone can do with their eyes open
It was just there… and it was beautiful
And I finally sat there by myself holding my head in my hands
I’ve been trying to believe for so long
It was all the proof that I needed,
there is serious meaning in nothing,
and unlimited joy in everything…
Asking upside-down questions
getting inside out answers
writing trails with them on and on
and leaving my own instead.
So I made like a sponge, and absorbed away
taking photographs with my eyes
writing stories in my mind
and not forgetting to be there at the same time
because you know that memories are like picture post cards
and experience is actually being there
So when you look back tomorrow
and wish it was today,
you can wish wish wish away,
stare into space wonder how i felt back then
and smile because you remember…! :)
~ Dualist Inquiry

No comments:

Post a Comment