Tuesday 1 May 2012

The Rainmaker's Story

I came across this fabulous story and just had to share it...

A Chinese village has been besieged by drought and if rain does not come soon, the village will be in desperate straits, suffer famine and probably death. The local people have done all they know how to do. They finally decide to summon a great rainmaker from a distance.

When she arrived and saw the plight of the village, she said, “Build me a straw hut. Give me food and water for five days, and leave me alone.” This they quickly did. The rainmaker went into the straw hut and at the end of four days it rained just in time to save the crops.

The people of the village dragged the poor rainmaker blinking into the light and showered gifts on her, and poured out their affection for saving their village and saving their lives. Somebody took her aside and said, “How did you do it? How do you make it rain?” And she said, “Oh, but you must understand. I felt such discord inside myself, when I came into your village, that I spent that time getting things straight inside myself. I hadn’t ever gotten to the rainmaking part.”

No comments:

Post a Comment